Thursday, December 23, 2010

DeLand Dentist puts a New Spin on an Old Christmas Favorite

‘Twas the day before Christmas & all through DeLand,

Not a single tooth was hurting, not even my drilling hand.

With models all trimmed, and lab cases ready,

We patiently waited for mail carrier Betty.


Into the office she walked, with a man by her side.

We had not seen him before, maybe he was her ride.

She greeted us nicely, then said with a pause,

“This is my friend Santa…Santa Clause.”


“Mr. Clause has a toothache & needs help right away.

Can you help him,” she said. “Let’s get started, don’t delay.”

The first step was blood pressure…Santa’s was high.

“I didn’t take my medicine today,” he said with a sigh.


He sat in the chair & opened his mouth wide.

We couldn’t believe what we found inside.

A broken tooth, cavities and gum problems aplenty.

Good thing I was masked…oh, boy how stenchy!


A cleaning, some fillings & crowns done same-day…

But we knew that Santa must be on his way.

“One thing I must tell you,” Dr. Mathias said with a smile,

“Because I know we probably won’t see you for awhile.”


“Eating candy & cookies & sugar is alright,

As long as you brush & floss after, and don’t eat them all night.

And don’t’ forget that fruits, veggies and exercise are good for you.

Your heart will be happy & your blood pressure will go down, too.”


Santa gave him a hug and said, “Doc, you’re alright!”

“I’ll do everything you said, and I’ll begin tonight.”

He told us goodbye & said, “Betty, Let’s go!

We’ve got packages to deliver…Ho, Ho, Ho!”


We sat & reflected of the days events,

And couldn’t believe how our day went.

We’re headed home now with a new year in sight…

Merry Christmas to all & to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment